Evolutif is an open source audio engine, developed out of
a desire to see a simpler, non-proprietary solution to the
platform-specific audio APIs available today. Evolutif is
open source software, and has many features that make it an
attractive solution for audio application developers. It is
still in its early development stages, but a working copy
is availabe from the download
section, with support for basic operations, such as file loading/saving,
audio playback, audio mixing, and effects processing (with
a limited set of built-in effects at the moment). If you are
interested in helping out with this project, please contact
Evolutif uses PortAudio,
a portable cross-platform Audio API.
- File loading/saving capabilities. Support for most popular
audio file formats.
- Unlimited signal mixing and chaining capabilities.
- Many built-in audio effects processors, including a plug-in
schema allowing new effects to be added and loaded dynamically.
- Designed for compatability with VST plug-in architecture
- Built-in synthesizers and generators. (Not implemented
Why should you use evolutif?
- Evolutif is designed for professional-grade audio applications.
It uses 32-bit floating data processing for high precision
- Since evolutif is open source software, you can add your
own features and extend it to suit your needs.
- Evolutif is simple to use and can dramatically decrease
project development time.
- Cross-platform compatibility (see below)
- Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP
- Mac OS 8, 9, X
- Judah Menter
- George Krueger